Our life is full of surprises and changes and it is great, otherwise it would be boring. Almost every day is a new challenge: new tasks and opportunities, promotion at work or job loss, achievements or failures, move to the other house. Whatever it is, these changes take our forces and we can never be fully ready when something is happening. However, sometimes we can make these changes become more comfortable for us. Let’s imagine that you are moving into a new house in New Jersey.
Have you become a new happy owner of a house? Our congratulations! What will you start with? Will you buy furniture first or maybe change the color of the walls? Whatever it is, please, remember that the primary target is not a coziness and comfort, but safety. Read more
At the end of the XXth century the scientific world starts to talk about the Sick Building Syndrome, or SBS for short, that deals with a range of symptoms that a person experiences while staying in a certain building. Read more
Our company OZON Air Duct Cleaning, being an expert in a vent system cleaning, knows for a fact that your dryer can carry a serious threat for you, your family and your house. Each and every day we deal with dryer vent cleaning and we certainly claim that timely and periodic dryer vent system cleaning is a guarantee of safety and money saving. Let us prove it to you! Read more
Cleaning and sanitization of ventilation systems is a key condition for ensuring optimal parameters of air entering the building.
The dirtier the channels and filters, the more difficult it is to maintain its quality and characteristics specified in the sanitary standards.
Fat deposits, dirt, dust, condensate and moisture accumulate inside the channels. In addition to aesthetic unattractiveness (particles are detached from surfaces and air enters them into a room), this is dangerous — a layer of pollution can ignite, creating a threat to people’s lives and the condition of buildings. In addition, it is an environment for the spread of bacteria, the formation of fungus and mold.
Sanitization of ventilation systems is necessary to maintain its optimum quality, as well as to prevent many dangerous situations and problems. Maintaining the purity of channels, branches and other structural elements, their owner:
- destroys potentially dangerous microorganisms — before the start and after cleaning, specialists measure the condition of the canals, take samples;
- provides protection to personnel visiting customers’ premises, business partners — the better the condition of the ventilation system, the cleaner the air, easier breathing, more comfortable work;
- supports the optimal parameters recorded in the SanPinas and other official regulatory documentation — the oversight bodies monitor the implementation of the standards, and will immediately respond to violations;
- cares about fire safety — the spread of fire through dusty channels occurs rapidly, and clean air cannot move through clogged ventilation chambers.
Cleaning steps: condition assessment, preparation, carrying out
Cleaning the air ducts of ventilation systems is a multi-step process, and its features depend on the features of the building structure, the operations carried out there, the presence of hazardous, highly flammable substances and fumes, and many other factors. There are several key stages that are provided for in the basic technology. It:
- preliminary assessment of the sanitary-epidemiological situation, inspection of ventilation and air-conditioning equipment, their condition;
- development of a cleaning plan, tactics, selection of methods and tools, tools, preparatory work;
- evaluation of the effectiveness of the activities and preparation of a report on them.
Cleaning should be carried out in the presence of laboratory and research documentation, contracts with performers of works and other papers that are needed for presentation to the sanstantion, Rospotrebnadzor or other authority.
Disinfection of air ducts of ventilation systems should be preceded by sampling — it is necessary to make washes, take samples of substances on the inner surfaces of pipes and channels, and conduct analyzes. The sanitary-epidemiological survey also includes:
- analysis of project documents, ventilation system passports, determination of whether the real state of affairs corresponds to the norms for a building;
- determining whether the ventilation and air-conditioning system complies with the technical documentation;
assessment of the degree of contamination of airway structures;
- drawing up official documents — acts of system inspection.
The preliminary stage involves a visual study, the determination by a specialist of the degree of contamination of accessible parts of the structure using video surveillance devices, as well as making decisions on time and method of cleaning.
In addition to drying clothes, drying machines must be cleaned of accumulated fibers. This is necessary because this material can cause problems because it blocks the dryer vent, overflows the traps, clogs the holes, and fills the air ducts.
To ensure that the air in the room is always clean, and updated in time — periodically need to clean the ventilation ducts. We are not talking about chimneys that are polluted with soot — the usual air ducts system (both supply and exhaust), too, often should you clean your ducts. Read more
First, the kitchen (the first vent is right there) will not leave the smells and products of domestic gas burning if you have a gas stove. Poor exhaust from a gas boiler or column can lead to almost no traction, which in some cases causes poisoning of residents with carbon monoxide, but it is not at all desirable to clean ductwork yourself. Read more
How often should air ducts be cleaned, how to clean furnace vents? The article gives answers for these questions Read more
Services for air duct cleaning. We offter Services in Connecticut, New jersey, New York, Pennsylvania.