Very often fiber accumulates in the clothes dryers and they light up.
Most often, the fibers burn inside the dryer, leaving a burning smell and damaging the device. However, sometimes the fire spreads, destroying the home, things, and sometimes the lives of people! Here are some measures you can take to prevent this from happening.
1. Clean the fiber shutter. Clean the fiber flap EVERY time you load the dryer! Even if there are very few fibers and threads, remove them. This is a good habit.
2. Check the vent hose. Make sure the vent hose is in good condition. If you have a white plastic vent hose, replace it immediately! It is not safe and prohibited by law. Use an aluminum hose. It should be as short as possible, without dents and bends.
3. Clean the ventilation pipe regularly. It is very important that the ventilation pipe (it leads from the wall near which the dryer stands to the external valve) is not blocked. Clogging will greatly increase the risk of fire. If you cannot clean the pipe yourself, call the wizard. Many chimney cleaning companies offer this service.
4. Keep clean the place where the dryer is. If the dryer still lights up, it is impossible for the fire to spread further and destroy your home. Make sure there are no clothes, boxes, cleaning products near the dryer. Also, you can not put anything on the dryer.
5. Clean the threads regularly from the dryer. Periodically, the dryer must be opened and cleaned with a vacuum cleaner. Most modern dryers are designed so that the owner is not so easy to open them. If you do not know how to open and assemble the tumble dryer, you will need the help of a master technician. Every time the dryer is repaired, ask the wizard to clean it. In any case, this procedure is part of the obligatory service.
6. Ensure that the gas pipe is in good condition. If you have a gas dryer, you should follow the gas pipe. If the pipe is old and not credible, it is better to replace it. Putting the dryer in place, do not bend the pipe.
And if you find something suspicious call us at 800-362-8302. It is always easier to prevent the trouble than to deal with the consequences.
Cleaning and sanitization of ventilation systems is a key condition for ensuring optimal parameters of air entering the building.
The dirtier the channels and filters, the more difficult it is to maintain its quality and characteristics specified in the sanitary standards.
Fat deposits, dirt, dust, condensate and moisture accumulate inside the channels. In addition to aesthetic unattractiveness (particles are detached from surfaces and air enters them into a room), this is dangerous – a layer of pollution can ignite, creating a threat to people’s lives and the condition of buildings. In addition, it is an environment for the spread of bacteria, the formation of fungus and mold.
Sanitization of ventilation systems is necessary to maintain its optimum quality, as well as to prevent many dangerous situations and problems. Maintaining the purity of channels, branches and other structural elements, their owner:
- destroys potentially dangerous microorganisms – before the start and after cleaning, specialists measure the condition of the canals, take samples;
- provides protection to personnel visiting customers’ premises, business partners – the better the condition of the ventilation system, the cleaner the air, easier breathing, more comfortable work;
- supports the optimal parameters recorded in the SanPinas and other official regulatory documentation – the oversight bodies monitor the implementation of the standards, and will immediately respond to violations;
- cares about fire safety – the spread of fire through dusty channels occurs rapidly, and clean air cannot move through clogged ventilation chambers.
Cleaning steps: condition assessment, preparation, carrying out
Cleaning the air ducts of ventilation systems is a multi-step process, and its features depend on the features of the building structure, the operations carried out there, the presence of hazardous, highly flammable substances and fumes, and many other factors. There are several key stages that are provided for in the basic technology. It:
- preliminary assessment of the sanitary-epidemiological situation, inspection of ventilation and air-conditioning equipment, their condition;
- development of a cleaning plan, tactics, selection of methods and tools, tools, preparatory work;
- evaluation of the effectiveness of the activities and preparation of a report on them.
Cleaning should be carried out in the presence of laboratory and research documentation, contracts with performers of works and other papers that are needed for presentation to the sanstantion, Rospotrebnadzor or other authority.
Disinfection of air ducts of ventilation systems should be preceded by sampling – it is necessary to make washes, take samples of substances on the inner surfaces of pipes and channels, and conduct analyzes. The sanitary-epidemiological survey also includes:
- analysis of project documents, ventilation system passports, determination of whether the real state of affairs corresponds to the norms for a building;
- determining whether the ventilation and air-conditioning system complies with the technical documentation;
assessment of the degree of contamination of airway structures;
- drawing up official documents – acts of system inspection.
The preliminary stage involves a visual study, the determination by a specialist of the degree of contamination of accessible parts of the structure using video surveillance devices, as well as making decisions on time and method of cleaning.